Monday, August 24, 2015

1,001 Disciples of Christ

August 3, 2015
I just feel so hyped right now!

I have loved reading all your emails, hearing about all the great stuff your doing, and finally I found a computer that will let me email pics!   I hope you enjoy!

As you can see from the pictures, Elder Lozano and I are running to the internation bridge (6k loop) every other morning.  It feels good!  Its such a beautiful run too, I run with Tucan Sam flying over head... literally there are tons of tucans here.

As I wrote you about last week - we set some high goals, and I feel like God inspired us to do so to raise our vision, and highten our faith.  I felt so blessed!  My faith has grown, and we invited a TON of people to come unto Christ.  

Friday we didn't have a single "set in stone" lesson.  We talked to probably 80 people, no lie.  haha.  It was hot too, but I felt so great doing it!  We found and taught a ton of new investigators, and I am stoked on that.  That night our feet HURT!  haha, but we felt great for having talked to so many people, and I made a comment to Elder Lozano, I said, "we probably talked to a thousand people today!"  And thinking about how happy that made me I thought all of a sudden, What if I set the goal for my last two transfers (more or less last 3 months) to talk to 1000 people in that time period, and count em! (its about 12 people a day, so it's easily doable and still have time to teach 6 or 7 lessons a day.)  So that's what I am going to do!  I am going to finish off my last 3 months talking to everyone and their mothers, and invite them all to come unto Christ.

I love you all!

Elder Bender

 Soccer from 2 weeks ago with the District!
 A lady dressed up from San Santiago (I wrote about that holiday last week)
 Going hard in the service project for the La Fuente family trying to pick apart the harder than cement adobe footings (2pics)

 #Aztecstyle.  The big stair case going up to the Christ statue in Bermejo
 Elder Barahona and I
 Bermejo Panorama! #smalltown
 Our Lord!
 My District (with some random guy who wanted a picture with us)
 With My companion Elder Lozano
 Cool statue, its big.
 Showing off my true colors, #banderaboliviana
 El Rio Bermejo (The Bermejo River) Panorama on one of our morning jogs.
 "Hey Mom!  I got a bridge!"  The international Argentina/Bolivia Bridge
 The Bridge, look at the cool way its painted!
 Bolivian side...
 Goucho side ;)
 Cheesin.
 The bridge in fog
 The boats that smuggle across illegal goods.

KFC in Bermejo!  (It ain't real.)

No comments:

Post a Comment