Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Be the Blessing!

March 23, 2015
Hey family and friends,

Thanks for the support you give to the local missionaries in your wards, it is the most direct way we can show our gratitude to our Heavenly Father for the restored gospel.

Last Monday we played wally.  It was so fun!  Tuesday we had an interview conference, and for the first time in about 10 months I had a formal interview with President Willard!  The other times I had always given my interview time to other missionaries that needed more help.  I mean, I talk with President every day, so its not like I needed his attention or anything, but I really did feel God's love for me as he expressed the trust he has in me.  I learn each and every day the importance that our "shadow" has.  I mean the impression we leave on people.  A simple smile can change someone's day, choosing to laugh instead of complain not only is healthier, but it shows Christ's love.

In my district meeting, I taught the district about making and keeping commitments.  I am 100% positive that without constant action to keep the flame of our faith burning strong, it'll go out.  The winds of temptation and noise of the world want to put out or hush our faith. He want us to be "too busy" with other things.  Whether the missionaries come to your house to help you make commitments to repent, pray, study the scriptures, or not, we all need to make our own personal commitments with God.

We fasted and prayed for Veronica Choque because she was having a lot of tough times ever since she decided she wanted to be baptized.  She joined us in fasting and prayer two weekends ago, and this last Saturday was happily baptized a member of Christ's  restored church.  She truly is a Latter-day Saint.  As she bore testimony of the restored church I was deeply impacted.  

For those who don't know, I found Veronica and her family in a street contact.  I know God guides us towards his children.  God will guide you to change the life of someone in need.  Be the blessing that someone else needs.

With love,
Élder Bender  


No comments:

Post a Comment