Monday, April 6, 2015

185 year legacy

Family and friends,

What a blessing it was to come closer unto Christ this week, and to hear from his inspired leaders.  

Gratitude is what keeps coming over me today as I think what to write.  We truly have been given so much.

I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement, that redeems me daily, that washes away guilt, and helps us forget our own selfish desires.

I am grateful for my eternal family, and the restored keys that make that statement possible.

I am grateful for a living prophet, and I sustain him in my heart, and in my daily labors. 

Tuesday two new missionaries came to the mission (1 week before the transfer date) and I was able to spend some time with them. Wednesday we had our leadership council meeting, and also we did a lot of tramites for visas.  Wednesday evening Elder Butts and I went to the hospital to be with Elder Bair while his companion was in ICU.  We were with him from 10-2am, enough time to play Phase 10! Friday we did a lot more visa tramites.  

In the midst of all the bustle of mission planning for transfers, my companion and I have been able to talk with a lot more people about Christ's resurrection.  I know without a doubt that He lives, and that He will come again as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  He was born in a manger in the meridian of times.  He restored His church 185 years ago today, and he continues to guide it through divine revelation daily.  To doubt for one second that Christ isn't 110% attentive in instructing His leaders in each decision they make, is doubting His endless love and power.  May we share this good news with everyone we know and love, it is indeed our duty.  I know that each one of us can receive a renewed faith in Him and His church as we continue to humble ourselves and pray to Him.  Don't just keep your faith, but strengthen it.  "Don't leave for tomorrow what can be done today."


Love,
Élder Bender

                                        Bowling pics with Elder Bailey, Elder Juarez, Elder Butts
                                                    Burger King knights in shining armour pics

                                                 Twinner ties with my companion, Elder Butts
                                             Midnight phase 10 game in the emergency room
                              After running through the rain to get to conference!  With Elder Garcia 

No comments:

Post a Comment