Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Tarija!



July 7, 2014

Hello Everyone!
Interestingly enough over 440 ago Tarija was founded on the 4th of July.  WOW, we totally copied them.
It was a cool week as people were preparing to celebrate it, everyone had their red and white Tarija flags outside of their house and the city just looked stunning.
We spent the first half of the week in Santa Cruz where President Willard and later Elder Uzeda from the Seventy trained us. It was EXTREMELY interesting, and I can tell that the Church really is putting a TON of focus in the Ward Council meetings.  I always feel so blessed being in the presence of such spiritual giants, I definitely had my bucket filled.
When we came back to Tarija, we got the white clothes ready and filled the font!  Melisa Mendez was Baptized on the 5th of July.  It was such a beautiful baptismal service and our new ward mission leader HELPED SO MUCH.  What a blessing that was for us.  As always, the beautiful service opened many doors for new investigators, one of them is the Ledezma Family. The Parents of Leslie (33) and Ninet (21) Ledezma when we baptized last month.  Tonight we are going to challenge them to be baptized and then send the whole family off to Cochabamba to be sealed as a family!
I love you all so much.  The Church is true.  Yesterday in our testimony meeting I bore my testimony about how the gospel blesses families.  The tears came as I thought of how truly blessed the Bender Family is.  He lives, and He loves us.  I know it, and I will continue preaching it with all my heart for all eternity.
Love,
Élder Bender



Baptism of Melisa



Yesterday the best convert family ever (The Castillo family) made us some delicious fish for lunch.  They are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment