Saturday, May 31, 2014

Smiles for Miles!

May 26, 2014

Hey everyone! 
Well I am having the time of my life!  I feel SOOO great everyday.  I love overcoming challenges, and feeling the comfort of the spirit daily.
This week went fantastically, we put a goal with Ward council to have a TON of baptisms on the 14th of June.  So far we have like 14 people who have accepted the baptismal invitation and are preparing themselves for that day.  3 of them are big time Doctors!  As I have said before, I don't even feel third world right now.  It's like good ol 'Merica except everyone speaks Spanish!  The work in downtown Tarija is historically slow because everyone is so well off.  However I think my companion and I are are on our way to set a mission record in one of the hardest areas.  We truly have been so blessed to see the hand of the Lord daily.  I am learning so much the importance of the people we love feeling the spirit in every lesson.  Many times as missionaries we just want to teach all the necessary lessons super fast so they can be baptized after just 3 quick attendances, however I am learning the lesson of patience and the importance of having SPIRIT PACKED lessons every time.  I am Smiling! =)
 
I went on a exchange with Elder Fasabi, and it was cool to be able to give him a lot of pointers and hype him up to give all he has got to the Lord.  It was fun visiting his area because it's a good ways out of the city and it was fun getting my shoes dirty again!  =)  We invited a family that he is teaching to be baptized on the 31st.  They accepted, and this Saturday they will be in White!
I love you all so much!
Elder Bender

                                                             
                                                         Elder Bender and Elder Brasher

No comments:

Post a Comment