Saturday, May 10, 2014

Destroying with Dengue!


Hola!

Last Monday we went as a zone to the Jardin Botanico de Santa Cruz and it was a really great day!  It consisted of trying to sneak up on Ostriches, annoying Crocodiles, swinging from vines in the Jungle, and goofing around on a playground!  We are Jungle junkies.

However also Monday night the symptoms of Dengue hit me hard!  I keep working hard popping ibuprofen like a mad man (probably should send another bottle mom=)) until Thursday morning when we went to the hospital.  Quick blood and urine tests and a trip to the pharmacy and by 3 o'clock in the afternoon I was drugged up out walking around and preaching the gospel again!  In all honesty I felt like JUNK this week, but I can honestly say I didn't waste one minute of the Lord's time.  We still taught 39 lessons this week and 21 were with a member present!  We destroyed this week=)

I found lots of extra strength from  Mosiah 2:17 this week as I overcame my own pains, and did all I could to serve my King.  AND DON'T worry one bit because I am better now=)  It was a trial, and my faith was strengthened.

One Miracle that as a DIRECT FRUIT of my thrist to labor in the Lords Vineyard, was that on Thursday the mission doc told me I could rest until I felt better, but we went out to teach.  When we were out teaching we found Paul Burgos for the first time in 3 weeks!  He started working a TON and has been impossible to find.  Before he had a baptismal date, but it fell through because he didn't feel prepared.  Well this day as I put my own pains aside and served my Savior, we finally found Paul, and he told us that he wanted to be baptized that Saturday!  So, Saturday night we got dressed in white and my beloved friend and future missionary Paul Burgos entered into a covenant with the Lord.  It was a beautiful baptism!

I hope all in well!  Happy Mother´s Day to all the Moms that read this, but especially to mine! :)

Love,
Élder Bender


                                                                 Candy Apples, so yummy!

 One fatty spider we found in our house, I had convince my companion not to kill it with his barefoot!
 We went as a zone  to the Jardin Botanico of Santa Cruz, it was a really fun day!  We found a HUGE tortis!  It's like a foot and a half in diameter!
                                                          My companion and I goofing off!


                                                      ostriches!


                                        Huge ant hill!  Tha ants are the size of my thumbnail!





                                                   The biggest cactus I have seen in my life!


                                              The Lake!  Yes, there are crocodiles in the Lake!



                                            King of the Jungle!
                                                                      Big 'ol Cross!

                                                                 Elder Gines and I


                                                     La nina (my son in the girly girl pose!)
                                                          Getting Wicked in the Gator!

                                                        Jugamos como ninos en P-day!


                                                          We had lamb for lunch, here's the proof!

                                                    Our zone!  We work hard and play harder!

                                      Let's check the warranty on my Eccos!  They split on the bottom!


                                                           Paul and Marco
                                                           Baptism of Paul

                 This is what Quior looks like from  the top of our casa capilla (rented church building)
                                                             Our pensionista and family!

                                     Two families I love from Samaria!  Duran Family and Yamal family

No comments:

Post a Comment