Saturday, May 10, 2014

Smiles for Miles!

April 28, 2014

Howdy!  


Last P-day my companion and I went to the Ramada, a GIGANTIC street market in the City.  Its awesome!  It was a lot of fun seeing all the random crazy stuff you can but for dirt cheep.  My companion is awesome!  We have WAY too much fun=)

This week was awesome, I really felt guilded by the spirit, and I love all I am learning.  As part of training my companion this week I was focusing on helping him learn how to study effectively, and I too learned a lot about how to have powerful scripture study.  Something I like is always starting out with a question or two written down in my study journal, and then searching for personal revelation as I study to answer these questions.  Putting myself in the investigators shoes really has helped me be more effective in understanding the doubts and problems the people whom I love have.  

Congrats to Chris for getting Hitched!  haha

It flooded Tuesday like crazy, and a TON of little leaches were flowing through the streets, pretty nasty, but we had fun messing with them!

This week I set a personal record for lessons taught with a member present!  17!  Stoked, we have been working so hard and doing all we can to keep the members included in this marvelous work.  I LOVE my Bishop!  He is going to town assigning callings to my converts here, I feel very blessed to see that process unfold=)

My companion and I bought ¨Trompo´s¨.  they are these tops that all the little kids play with here, I will have to take a picture or video or something and send it next week.  They have a 2 meter long string to propel it and you throw em.  They are awesome.

I feel so blessed to be able to see the changes that the gospel brings in the families we teach.  The gospel is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and it contains the answers to any and all questions.  I crave the time I have to devour its pages=)

Love,
Élder Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment