Monday, April 21, 2014

Converts with Callings!

April 21, 2014

Hello Everyone!

What a fantastic week! 

Last Monday after we wrote emails the entire zone all paid and rented a soccer astro turf field and we played a game of soccer our district against the other.  WE WHOOPED!  I scored two of the goals=)  I am turning into a Latino in every way possible, my soccer passion is growing fast!

This week I also had an intercambio (Exchange) with Elder Gines my district leader.  I spoke more English in one day that I have in the past 6 months!  Haha.  He gave me a ton of good feedback and was literally amazed at all the great work Elder Peñaranda and I are doing.  

Saturday Brenda Aguilar was baptized!  It was a beautiful baptismal service and there was some good ward support which I am really happy about. Brenda and Betsy we contacted on the same day in February, and now they have both been baptized and confirmed members of the Lord's Church.  Before they weren't friends, and now they are the best of friends and go to church together every Sunday and read the book of Mormon together regularly!  Also they both accepted callings to be representatives of the Liahona in our ward!  Woot! 

Easter here doesn't have any of the traditions of anything that we have in the states.  They celebrate more on Friday than on Sunday.  Sunday is a normal day.  They main traditional thing is they are restricted on what they can and can't eat.  They don´t eat beef during the entire week, and on Friday everyone watches the Passion of the Christ.  EVERYONE!  Haha its pretty hilarious.  All of these Catholics come out of hiding and act all religious and what not.  It was interesting!  Also they don’t put yeast in the bread so its just like little rocks that you´ll break your teeth on.  Not going to lie, I missed the eggs and chocolates!  Haha

However, Sunday was probably one of the happiest days of my mission!  Bismark, (who was baptized last Saturday)  Blessed the sacrament for the first time, and later accepted the calling to be the Ward Librarian!  Then in the evening he came with us to teach two lessons and his testimony is so pure and powerful.  No lie, that man is going to be a stake president! 

Having three of my beloved friends who all were baptized in less than a months time accept callings in the church brought me the greatest joy.  It's beautiful to see the fruits of my labors=)

Love you all!
Élder Bender
                                                                   
                                                                      Brenda's baptism!


                                         
                                            On the phone already planning for the next baptism!

                                         
                                              Fun times with Elder Tenny (my old district leader)

                                               
                                                  Elder Hodge, and elder from my MTC group!


We had a fun time playing soccer together on P-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment