Monday, March 2, 2015

Transfers went great!

So maybe I have already said this, but the transfer planning and organization is my baby.  It's 100% my responsibility that no one misses flights, that they know where they are going, with whom, when, and how they will get there.  With 250 missionaries and 6 zones outside the city, it's a big project.  Did I forget to mention that same week I pick up new missionaries, and send home old ones?  Plan for their first and final interviews with President?  Yeah, I don't sleep transfer week.   So I figured that with all of that you're bound to forget something, or someone is bound to get confused and lost, miss their flight, bus, etc.  Nope, this week went perfect.  It was indeed a miracle!

7 new missionaries came to the mission, and 26 went home.  Wow!  That's a lot.  I got a new companion in the process.  Elder Butts from Texas.  He's a great guy, he's only got 6 months in the mission, and is super humble.  I appreciate that.  

Veronica Choque told us the other day that she prayed, and received an answer, she wants to be baptized ASAP!  This weekend will be Stake Conference, so on the 14th she'll be making that sacred covenant.  God is a God of miracles.  We have found quite a few new people simply by working our tails off, and doing it with faith.  

Saturday I feel like I worked SO HARD, and nothing happened at all.  Sunday, we did the same thing and it was just miracle after miracle every half hour!  The Lord has His ways to teach us, humble us, and at the same time hasten His work.

Help Him in this grand work!

Love,
Elder Bender

 Flying to Tarija with Elder Garcia last week
  Elder Garcia

  Elder Garcia


 Carnaval Pizza
       Zone Picture
                   Elder Garcia and I on the airplane to Tarija
                The Castillo Family, Future Elder Castillo



                 The Ledezma Family, Future Elder Ledezma
                         Elder Garcia, Elder Gallager, and I together in Tarija.  Buddies from the MTC.
         Elder Garcia
                                       Super Tacos from Gattopardo!  The best restaurant in Tarija!


             The Plaza Principal in Tarija, super pretty.
                                                                       
                             Mini plane - Amazonas.  There were about 22 people on it, all seats full.
      The American group of friends
        Elder Morris!  I love that guy!
         Another group in the micro going to the airport at 4AM
                                Cinnabon Breakfast... Yum.  Elder Juarez was with me for that trip!
                                Relaxing in the massage chairs waiting for more missionaries in the airport.

 Brother Pedro!  He's our best friend and designated driver.  Kicking it in the massage chair by my side.
 My everyday handbag.  Made up of scriptures, extra cash, and passports.
Mini birthday party for Elder Shumway.  Love that guy!  Tres leches cake... Mmmm!  Pedro and Liada made the day once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment