Monday, February 23, 2015

Double Prizes!

Due to last weekend being ¨Carnaval¨ a sinful Bolivia holiday, this week you get a two-week update! (that's if I can remember all that happened...)

Friday the 13th I got more sick than I think I ever have!  I woke up at 1am and puked my life out until about 8:30am.  Then finally tried to sleep.  Then 48 hours of not being able to keep anything inside of me.  All in all, I was humbled to my knees, literally.  After it passed its 3 or 4-day cycle I was back to 100%! (luckily it was right before the 3 days scheduled carnival time period so I didn't lose proselyting time.)  Sadly, President Willard got the same thing I had right after me and was also down and out for 3 days.  Looks like the Lord needed us both to be more humble.

Well starting with Carnival, o sea, Carnival.  It's a party where one ¨gets rid of the natural man¨ by drinking, partying, and living sinfully for three days with the hope of purifying yourself before Easter.

We as missionaries had strict orders to stay inside these three days and had a lot of time to study the scriptures, watch church movies (on the mission projector), etc. It was good.

They have the tradition during carnival to throw water balloons and paint at each other in the street.  (Not quite sure why)  But everyone goes out in the street and makes a big mess.  We may or may not have thrown from our 4 story roof a few water balloons at Babylon down below. ;)  Good times.

Thursday-Friday my companion and I flew down to Tarija to do some investigation in a few clinics down there.  Basically, that means being copilot I learn a bunch about health insurance and other random legal doctorish stuff.  The best part of it all was that I was able to visit the Castillo, Ledezma, and Rojas, families!  Three convert family I had the privilege to teach and baptize while I was in Tarija.  9 Months after their baptism they ALL are doing great.  The Ledezma family and the Rojas family are disciples and faithful students of the Book of Mormon and study it every day.  The Castillo family is a staple in church, and are give great service in their callings as each member of their family holds a key role in Elders quorum, Relief Society, Young Women's and Young Men's.  I am honestly so happy to be able to feel like my effort has made a big change in the Lord's vineyard.  The Central Ward will be sending a lot of families to the Temple this year!

The Lord lives.  It is His work and His glory.
Love,
Elder Bender

I sadly didn't bring my camera to the offices today to send pictures of Tarija,  however, these are a few pics my companion took.  Next week I´ll send pictures with all the converts and stuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment