Sunday, November 9, 2014

Happy Halloween!

November 3, 2014

Howdy folks!
A great week to be a missionary!  Luckily it wasn't so hot this week=)
On Monday we got together with a member family and with Tatiana and made my famous chocolate chip cookies!  I always love the Bolivians reaction because those type of cookies don´t exist here and they just die everytime.  haha.  Then love em!  We also made the Cruzeñan famous Cuiñapé.  Yes, don´t worry I learned how to make em so I´ll teach ya´ll!  Basically what they are are little ping pong ball sized rolls with cheese mixed in the dough so its a cheesy gooey delight.  Dad would die for 'em guaranteed. 
Halloween was a joke here haha.  We live in a ¨rich¨ neighborhood so there actually were a few kids dressed up and trick or treating, and I even bought a bag of candy to give out but no one came to the house)=  Despite the fact that I put a hand written sign on the door that said ¨Halloween!  Trucos o Dulces!¨  I felt like Aubree making that cute little hand written sign and waiting patiently for little niños disfrazados. So, with my companion and the other two Elders in the house we ate the candy and did the Harlem Shake.  Figured it was a good enough Halloween celebration!
A big time blessing that I have been able to participate in throughout my mission (yet never have written home about yet) is reactivating inactive families.  Throughout my two months here in El Fuerte I have been able to teach and help the Marcos family a bunch.  This last Sunday they had an interview with the bishop setting goals to go to the temple for the first time!  =)  Seeing people who have felt full of shame or have forgotten what really is important ¨wake up¨ is a true blessing in anyone's life, and has been in mine.  He lives, and He loves us all.  His invitation is to return to Him who is powerful to save and redeem. ¿Lo harán?
les quiero muchísimo!
Élder Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment