Monday, November 10, 2014

1 Nephi 19:9

¨lo soporta¨

This morning I had a great companionship study.  We learned about how Christ is the most patient and long-suffering person to have walked this earth.  As it says in the title,  1 Nephi 19:9 is my new favorite scripture.

 And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be athing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it;and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea,   they spit upon him,and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

I love it.  Christ truly is the best example for us and how we should react to even the worst of outcomes.  The mission isn't easy.  In fact, it's pretty tough!  haha.  No one in the world is free from challenges.  In fact, we signed up for 'em, so enjoy 'em!  

I really love that scripture in Spanish because it says rather than ¨he suffereth it¨ ¨lo soporta¨.  To me the Spanish translation helps me to think that not only did Christ suffer through hard things, he carried them with his chin up, giving the glory to the Father through the entire journey.

On Tuesday we had a great zone conference about the Holy Ghost and how he can and SHOULD guide us in every moment.  This week I have felt more guided by the Holy Ghost that any other week I have yet lived.  It has been amazing.  The spirit is EAGER to be a part of our lives, LET HIM JOIN!  Trust me, he will guide our daily lives a whole lot better than we can alone.  

We need to tune out the world to listen to his whispering.  It's a blessing to be a missionary because I know NOTHING about what's going on it the world.  It's easy for me to follow him and his promptings.  He invites us ALL to tune out the world, and to tune into personal revelation and direction.





God Lives.  He Loves us.  I am more sure of that than anything else.  


Love,
Élder Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment