Monday, February 24, 2014

T-minus 363 days!

T-minus 363 days until the Rioja Family will go to the Cochabamba temple and be sealed for time and all eternity(=

Hello Everyone!

I hope all is going well and hope that everyone is remembering to wear a smile even when the goings get tough!  I sure have put this tactic to work this week, and I have a testimony of it!  (=

To put it simply, being a missionary rocks!  (=  

This Sunday something really cool happened!  Javier, a 12 year old young man I baptized two weeks ago passed the sacrament for the first time!  One week ago he received the Aaronic priesthood, and this Sunday he came early in a white shirt and tie (he saved up and bought the shirt and tie special to pass the sacrament) and passed the sacrament like an old pro!  It was a really proud moment for me, I love that kid!  =D  Its so cool to see the people in whom I was blessed to help to enter into the covenant of baptism now receive callings, the priesthood, etc.  So awesome!

Saturday the Rioja family was baptized, along with a kid named Miguel Angel who we have been teaching for quite some time!  This was such a miracle and blessing to be a part of.  I have been working with the Rioja family since Christmas time, and helped them to get married earlier this month!  They are a young family that has a burning desire to grow in the gospel and nurture their children in the Church.  What makes me the most happy is the fact that they already have a strong desire to go to the temple and be sealed on February 22, 2015!  They understand the importance of the family, and they are very happy to become an eternal family(=  

I love the gospel, I love families, and I love to see the rich joy the gospel brings to the Family.  I have a strong testimony that through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ we can be cleansed and make beautiful covenants that bring happiness in this life, and promise joy and happiness for all eternity!  =D

Due to Carnivales (a 3 day holiday they have here that turns Santa Cruz into Sodom and Gomorrah) I won't be able to leave the house for three days, and one of the days falls on our next pday.  So I will write you all again in two weeks!  

I love you!
Élder Bender
                                                      Baptism of Rioja Family and Miguel

No comments:

Post a Comment