Saturday, December 6, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 24, 2014

Elder Hammond (a roommate) and I jumped the gun doing bad math thinking that turkey day was last Thursday... haha.  Just goes to show there are no hints whatsoever as far as when American holidays are down here. 
This week was delightful. =)
Thursday I decided to mix things up in my district meeting and invited Tatiana (an investigator mentioned in an earlier email) to participate in the pratice exercises.  It was such a sipritually powerful district meeting hearing the testimony of an investigator in the meeting and also it was great to get her feedback in how the elders are teaching.  It was the real deal!
Saturday the same Tatiana was in white and was baptized a member the Christs true church.
I love the mission!
Bonus points, shes going to Cochabamba with the Ward on Friday and Saturday to do baptisms for the dead. 
The church is true!
I am so thankful each and everyday for my Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement.  I serve Him, and I love Him.  He is my everything.  I am thankful for the Book of Mormon which changes my life everyday, and for its faithful witness to me of Christ's healing power.  Read it.  Pray to him.  He is willing to help.  In John 15 it shares a great thanksgiving message:

14 Ye are my friendsif ye do whatsoever command you.
 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you        
friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
I am thankful that Christ has shared and given ALL things unto us.  He loves us.  I am thankful to be his friend.  I am thankful for his commandments and the opportunity they give me to make my love for Him manifest.  
Love,
Élder Bender


                                                               Baptism of Tatiana!
                                                Elder Trinidad and Elder Bender with Tatiana
                           
                    Pics with some of the guys from my MTC group from a meet up at a multi-zone activity.
                                     My comp and I in front of a Bolivian famous Toborochi tree!

                     

 Read the sticker.. 92 bolivianos... haha so worth it though!  It's about $13.79 in dollars!  Yup after a year the body will do anything for a bit of Jif.
 Pics of worn out running shoes! Also, a pic of my SWEET new running shoes=)  Great Christmas gift thanks!  (=  

                      My old Eccos (before and after taking them to a shoemaker)  THEY TURNED OUT GREAT! 








No comments:

Post a Comment