Saturday, December 7, 2013

Miracles

December 2, 2013
Hello Everyone!
All is well in Samaria!
I will start by sharing a really cool experience. We went to teach a family this week and Juana, (The mom) had her father, Mateo, who was over too so we taught him also. We quickly realized that he was pretty worried about his wife's salvation (who passed away some time ago) and of course he had questions about the next life too. We taught him The Plan of Salvation and about Temple work for the dead, and how he can return and be with his wife again for eternity! He literally lit up so much, he was so excited and just delighted to hear this good news! I invited him to be baptized on the 28th of December and he gladly accepted! He also came to church this past Sunday! (Again we had 12 investigators at church with us!) But seriously, Mateo is Golden, he wants to go to the temple so badly its beautiful. He has been so prepared!
We had some CRAZY rain on Saturday Morning. Everything flooded. I got soooo muddy that day haha. However today I am going to buy some big rubber boots, so next time it rains it won't be so bad. Sunday was sooo hot and humid because of the rain previously. Apparently right after it rains is when the heat is the worst. But I am alive and a happy camper! (Literally!)
So, next Saturday I am going to have my first Baptism! I am going to baptize a girl named Belinda, she is 9 years old and she has such a strong testimony! Her Mom is active, and since we have been teaching her, her Father has come back into activity! I have had the opportunty to teach her all of the lessons but one, so I know her very well =) The family is awesome! Also on the 14th we will be baptizing all 6 of the Ticona Family! They are awesome. So prepared, so strong! They don't have much, but they are willing to give it all.
I have learned so much from all the people who I am blessed to teach. I have also been really blessed with the gift of tounges, and have learned alot! I have a lot to go, but I am seeing many blessings already=)
Samaria is a whole different world! Everyday I see hundreds of stray dogs and cats, random stray sheep, cows, llamas, pigs, bores, horses, and goats! They just roam the town eating the grass on the sides of the road. It's pretty neat! Most of the dogs are mellow, but there is one road that literally is like full of Demon Dogs. It's pretty nuts!
All in all, I am safe, happy, and loving missionary work here in Samaria. Plus I am learning so much! I just love this gospel and how simple it is, I love the people here, and I love my companion! I know without a doubt that this gospel is true, it is for everyone, and everyone needs it! I have seen so many people make huge changes already, and I am hoping and praying they will all follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized!

I love you all! Thanks for your prayers!
Èlder Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment