Wednesday, May 20, 2015

FAMILIES can be FOREVER

May 11, 2015
Querida familia mía,

It was indeed a great week.  It was fun to say happy Mother’s Day to the best Mom on the planet!

After skyping with the family an overwhelming feeling of urgency came to my heart, and a scripture came to my mind:

 31 Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.
 32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.

As a family each member has to prepare him/herself to meet God.  That is why we are here.  I am thankful to be part of an eternal family that strives to be better day after day.  I understand how important this knowledge is:  FAMILIES can be FOREVER.  I am anxious to do all I can to share this precious knowledge with each and every family I meet.  
For that is why I am here; where much has been given, much is required.   
I know Christ lives, and because He lives we will all live again. We will be "restored unto our deeds".  May we do all we can do labor celestial deeds.
Love,
Élder Bender
1) Alma 34:31-32
2) Alma 42:27

No comments:

Post a Comment